|Hyperacidity (AMLAPITTA) Prevention|
As the saying goes “Prevention is better than cure” it is better to avoid all the causative factors of acid-peptic disorder (amlapitta).
- Avoid excessive salty, oily, sour and spicy foods.
- Avoid heavy and untimely food.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol intake.
- Food should consist mainly of bitters like bitter gourd, matured ash gourd.
- Include barley, wheat, old rice and green gram in the diet.
- Avoid overcooked, stale and contaminated food.
- The food must be properly cooked.
- Follow mental relaxation techniques.
- The Infusion of coriander seeds (Dhanyak) taken with sugar twice a day.
- Water obtained from green fruit of Coconut 100-500 ml to be taken twice a day.
- Powder of Amla 3-6 gm BD with water.
- Powder of Shatapuspa (Saunf) (Anethumsowa) with sugar mixed in a glass of water – 20 ml twice daily for 1 week or till the symptom subsides.
- Chewing of half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food.
- Follow the meal times.
- Light food, Coconut water, articles having cooling properties.
- Vegetables like white pumpkin, bitter gourd, matured ash gourd, leafy vegetables except for Methi.
- Wheat, old rice, barley, green gram, sugar candy, cucumber.
- Fruits like gooseberry, dry grapes, black grapes, sweet lime, pomegranate, fig, dry fig.
- Take an adequate amount of fluids like pomegranate juice, lemon juice, amla juice.
- Dadimpak (sweet preparation made of pomegranate). Moramla (jam made from amla), gulkand (jam made from rose petals) with milk.
- A cup of lukewarm milk after every two or three hours.
- One teaspoonful of ghee with warm milk.
- Take adequate sleep & rest.
- Practice Yoga, Pranayam, meditation & exercise regularly.
- Avoid excessive spicy, sour and salty substances.
- Avoid fried and junk food items.
- Do not remain hungry. Avoid fast.
- Do not overeat, take small frequent meals.
- Avoid untimely and irregular food habit.
- Avoid foods containing an excess amount of garlic, salt, oil, chillies, etc. very often.
- Avoid rice curd and sour fruits.
- Avoid lying down immediately after food and in the supine position. The best recommended the position is left lateral.
- Avoid, smoking, alcohol, tea, coffee and aspirin-type drugs.
- Avoid stress.
Buy some natural products to cure your acidity, indigestion, constipation.
This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this blog, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment. If you or any other person has a medical concern, you should consult with your health care provider or seek other professional medical treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something that has read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.