|Health Benefits of Amaranth|
Amaranth also named as Ramdana/ Rajgira – is a versatile and nutritious group of grains that have been cultivated for thousands of years. Amaranth grain is a gluten-free grain that is high in protein, fibre, and essential lysine.
Health Benefits of Amaranth (Ramdana/ Rajgira) Seeds:
- It delivers all the essential amino acids to create usable proteins within the body, thereby optimizing metabolism and ensuring proper growth and development.
- The rich potassium levels found in amaranth grain further boost heart health by relaxing the blood vessels.
- Amaranth grain contains a high level of dietary fibre, which can help optimize the digestive system and eliminate constipation, bloating, cramping, and serious conditions like gastric ulcers.
- Amaranth grain has a complete protein, which is much higher levels than other grains, even oats, which are commonly considered the best place to find plant-based protein.
- With the help of amaranth grain, you can get stronger and healthier hair, better roots, and a reduction in hair loss. You can reduce greying and hair loss by adding amaranth grains to your diet.
- Boasting more than twice the calcium content of milk, which is the traditional access point for high concentrations of calcium, amaranth grain can be a major factor in your bone health and bone mineral density.
- Amaranth is a unique grain, in the sense that it has vitamin C, and this gives it an immune system-boosting edge over its dietary competitors.
- Amaranth grain can effectively lower insulin levels in the body and simultaneously release a hormone that effectively tells our body that we’re full. This is the opposite of the “hunger” hormone, which often causes people to snack between meals, leading to weight gain.
- Amaranth grain has the ability to lower insulin levels and control blood sugar intake through appetite control/suppression.
- Food, Science and Technology Journal states that the unusually high levels of plant proteins in amaranth make it an ideal addition to your diet, especially if you want to ensure healthy growth of cells, muscles, tissues, and skin.
- The vitamin A found in amaranth has a major effect on the health of our ocular system. Beta-carotene is an antioxidant that prevents the development of cataracts and can slow the onset of macular degeneration.
- Here is another reason why you should make amaranth leaves a regular part of your diet. These leafy greens are rich in vitamin C. having 100gms of the leaves will meet 70% of your daily requirement for vitamin C. This vitamin is a water-soluble vitamin and is needed for fighting off infections and for quicker wound healing. It also helps reduce the effect of free radicals in the environment which are responsible for ageing and many types of cancer.
- Amaranth leaves have lysine, an essential amino acid that is needed for energy production and absorption of calcium. It also promotes hair growth and good skin. Those who suffer from hair loss or greying will benefit significantly from eating amaranth leaves.
You can buy Amaranth seeds here: