|Green Papaya Salad Recipe|
This green papaya salad recipe comes with some soy sauce and peanut dressing, cashew nuts for topping, and a spicy peanut powder on the side. Let’s take a look at how it’s made.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Unripe or slightly ripe but very firm papaya, 5-6 inches in length
Carrot – 6 inches long
For the Dressing:
Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
Rice vinegar: 3 tablespoons
Brown cane sugar: 3 tablespoons
Lime juice: 1/2 Lime
Cashew pieces: 1/2 cup
Coarsely ground black pepper: 1 teaspoon
For the Topping:
Roasted cashew nuts: 1/2 cup
Sweet basil leaves, cut into half (or coriander leaves): 1/4 cup
For the Spicy Peanut Powder (optional)
Roasted peanuts: 1/2 cup
Brown cane sugar: 1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Peel the papaya with a vegetable peeler, seed it and shred it into thin strands, or cut it into thin matchsticks about 2 inches in length.
- Peel and then shred the carrot or cut it into 2-inch-long matchsticks. Add to the papaya.
- Cut the capsicum into about 2-inch-long pieces, but slightly thicker than the carrots.
- Toss the cut papaya, carrot, capsicum, and basil in a large bowl.
- For the optional spicy peanut powder, coarsely grind the roasted peanuts, sugar, black pepper powder, and salt in a mixer. Set aside.
- To make the salad dressing, puree the roasted peanuts, soya sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ground black pepper, lime juice, and oil in a mixer until it forms a paste.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss again. Avoid over-mixing.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the toasted cashew nuts on the salad (so they remain crunchy).
- Sprinkle the spicy peanut powder on the individually plated salad to kick it up a notch.
This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this blog, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment. If you or any other person has a medical concern, you should consult with your health care provider or seek other professional medical treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something that has read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.