In the history of mankind, Moringa or drumstick is one of the most widely used plants. All over the world, it is called a superfood. And the health benefits of moringa leaf powder are numerous.
The speciality of Moringa is that it can be grown when water is scarce. It is an excellent source of many essential minerals and nutrients.
Studies have shown that Moringa has many health benefits and as a result, more people are using it. In addition to food, moringa is used in fuel, animal feed, manure, cosmetics, and perfumes.
The Moringa plant has been used for years. The Moringa plant was also used by humans from 150 BC. According to Ayurveda, around 300 illnesses can be cured by Moringa.
Moringa leaves have excellent medicinal properties. Because of its great health benefits, Moringa is called the miracle tree.
What is Moringa?
Moringa is a legume used as a vegetable. In English, it is called Moringa or Drumstick. Its botanical name is Moringa olifera. India is the largest producer of moringa.
The Moringa tree grows very quickly up to 10 m and we can use its leaves, flowers and beans for food. Science has shown that the leaves, flowers, fruits, seeds, bark and roots of every part of this tree are extremely beneficial for health and are used medicinally.
It heals many ailments and diseases. This is why we are telling you about the healing properties of Moringa. It will help you lead a healthier life.
Moringas leaves are also used in making vegetables. It is used in soups, pickle and salads. The oil extracted from the seeds of moringa has many medicinal uses.
The proteins in moringa leaves are also easily digestible. Moringa leaf protein is in no way inferior to protein from vegetarian sources as it contains all essential amino acids. You can get Potassium from just one bowl of moringa as much potassium as you can get from 3 bowl of other vegetables.
what are the health benefits of moringa leaf powder?
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for obesity
To overcome obesity and increased body fat Moringa is considered to be a useful remedy. The inclusion of moringa pods or leaves in the list of green vegetables can control the problem of weight loss to some extent.
It contains phosphorus, which helps the body to reduce excess calories and reduce obesity by reducing fat. Consuming moringa leaf juice gradually reduces obesity. Moringa is believed to have a positive effect on increasing metabolism. It will help your body to burn calories.
Moringa leaves contain fibre and adding moringa to your diet is a good option for weight loss. You can include it in your diet as a healthy food.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder to lower blood pressure
Fruits and vegetables rich in potassium help prevent high blood pressure. Like other green vegetables, moringa is rich in potassium, vitamins and minerals. Moringa contains three times more potassium than bananas.
Incorporating moringa into the diet is a great option for people with high blood pressure. Moringa is effective in controlling blood pressure and cholesterol in the body.
Isothiocyanate, the bioactive ingredient and its regulatory content prevents arterial thickening and reduces the development of pulmonary hypertension.
Patients with high blood pressure can benefit from moringa leaves juice. In addition, drinking the tincture relieves discomfort, dizziness and vomiting.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for the skin
It is necessary to keep the skin healthy, not only health. The skin indicates that your health is good or bad. If the skin is not glowing, it means that your skin is not healthy. In such a case, eating moringa or moringa leaves can make the skin healthier.
Moringa has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, which protect the skin from various infections. It neutralizes the effects of toxins harmful to the skin due to pollution, perspiration and certain chemicals. It effectively hydrates and detoxifies the skin.
Additionally, Moringa is rich in protein, which protects skin cells from damage caused by fusion and cadmium. For this reason, moringa is used in many skincare products.
Moringa contains a lot of vitamin A. Indeed, vitamin A protects the beauty of the skin. Therefore, moringa oil is also used in cosmetics. Eating vegetables of its pods or applying moringa seed oil on the skin will always lighten the skin.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for lactating mothers
It is an old tradition in India to give boiled Moringa leaf in ghee to a pregnant woman. It fixes the shortage of milk and post-birth weaknesses like fatigue issues.
The child’s health remains good and he gains weight. An adequate amount of calcium found in moringa is several times better than any calcium supplement.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for children
Moringa contains calcium, which is very beneficial for children and strengthens bones and teeth. Giving it to pregnant women gives their babies lots of calcium. Because of this baby becomes healthy.
However, it also contains iron, magnesium, and phosphorus, which help in keeping the children body healthy.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for bones
It’s also important to keep your bones healthy as you get older. You can eat moringa leaf to keep your bones healthy. Moringa is considered to be a good source of nutrients for bones such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
Due to these characteristics, Moringa can help maintain healthy bones. In addition, it has anti-osteoporotic properties that help reduce the risk of bone diseases like osteoporosis.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for the brain
Ageing can affect the brain and cause neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease – amnesia, Parkinson’s disease – a disorder of the central nervous system and many other problems. In this case, consuming moringa would be very beneficial.
It can act as a nootropic (a type of medicine for brain health), which means it can help prevent brain problems. It can also improve the memory of patients with Alzheimer’s disease, that is, those who have memory loss.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for digestive problems
The isothiocyanates found in moringa are useful for effectively treating various digestive system issues such as ulcers, gastritis, and constipation. It is a better alternative to the antacids available in pharmacies.
Moringa has antibiotic and antibacterial properties which prevent the growth of Helicobacter pylori and coliform bacteria which cause diarrhoea and reduce other problems such as diarrhoea.
Moringa is used to treat digestive problems such as cholera, diarrhoea, vomiting, jaundice, and ulcerative colitis. For this, drinking 1 teaspoon of honey, coconut water and 1 teaspoon of juice from the leaves cures all these diseases.
Eating vegetables of its pod relieves conditions like constipation. Also, kidney and bladder stones dissolve from their vegetables.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder to increase Sperm Count
According to research conducted by the Bureau of Plant Industry, regular consumption of moringa fruit can increase sperm count and increase both sperm count and motility.
Moringa contains zinc, which is good for sperm production and strong penis formation. Moringa fruit is known to improve the number and quality of sperm. It helps increase the number of sperm in men and thickens the semen.
For women, taking moringa protects against uterine and menstrual problems. In this case, it is better for both men and women.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for immunity
Eating moringa pods or leaves can boost the immune system. Eating in moderation will strengthen the immune system.
It contains the isothiocyanate and glycoside cyanide which, if taken in excess, can increase stress and reduce the antioxidant effect. So eat it in moderation.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for anaemia
Regarding the quality of moringa, its bark or leaves can be used to prevent anaemia, that is, the lack of red blood cells.
The ethanolic extract of moringa leaves has anti-anaemic properties and its consumption can help improve haemoglobin levels, which in turn helps in the production of red blood cells.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder to the liver
The liver can be damaged by improper diet and lifestyle. In such a situation, it is important to improve your diet and eat at the right time, but also important to include the right food in your diet.
Along with other food, you may include moringa pods and leaves in your diet. It contains quercetin flavonols, which act as a hepatoprotection, which helps protect the liver from any kind of damage.
Therefore, include moringa pods, moringa flowers or leaves in the diet to protect the liver from the risk of fatal diseases.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for anti-ageing
The effect of ageing begins to appear on the face, and as a result, the brightness of the face begins to decrease and wrinkles increase. In such a case, most of you have to apply effective anti-ageing creams for a while. Therefore, it has to be used over and over again.
In this case, it is better to choose your diet wisely because your diet can affect your skin and face somewhere. Moringa or its leaves can be included in the diet. Eating this will help reduce the effects of ageing on your face.
In addition, its seeds help reduce the effects of ageing on the skin at an early age.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for hair
All the nutrients needed for healthy hair are present in the moringa. Moringa contains minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, selenium, copper and manganese.
The presence of vitamin A and vitamin E in the dressing is particularly beneficial for the hair. Vitamin E keeps the scalp healthy because it is an antioxidant and also increases blood flow. This will benefit the healthy growth of hair.
The seeds found in moringa pods contain a special oil called ben oil. This oil prevents dandruff and hair loss by making the hair long and thick. So eat moringa vegetables, drink soup or drink moringa leaf powder.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder for cancer
The medicinal properties of moringa can help reduce the risk of dangerous diseases like cancer. This is because anti-cancer and anti-tumour properties are present in moringa bark and moringa leaves.
Plus, moringa leaves are rich in polyphenols and polyflavonoids, which are antioxidants and anti-cancer compounds that can help reduce the risk of this deadly disease. It protects against cancer of the skin, liver, lungs and cervix.
Benefits of moringa leaf powder healthy heart
The heart is one of the most important organs in the body. In such a situation, it is important to keep the heart healthy and take good care of it. If you want to keep your heart healthy, include moringa leaves in your diet.
Moringa leaves contain high levels of antioxidants, which help prevent inflammation in the body, one of which is cardiovascular issues. The beta-carotene found in moringa leaves acts as an antioxidant and keeps the heart-healthy.
Some more benefits of Moringa leaf powder
- Ear pain can be easily cured by poring moringa leaves juice in the ear.
- Vitamin C is found in moringa, which acts as a medicine for minor ailments like colds and flu.
- Applying the grounded Moringa leaves on the head cures the headache of a person suffering from migraine.
- If you are suffering from oral diseases like Peoria chew moringa leaves, it will definitely give you relief.
- Moringa leaves powder is good for eye diseases.
- Pregnant women do not have much pain during delivery due to consumption of Moringa pods
Note: Pregnant women should not consume any ingredients made from moringa bark and roots.
- For people with sprained ankles, boil moringa leaves in mustard oil and apply it on sprains for immediate relief. Its leaves help to heal various wounds and inflammations.
- Various studies have shown that moringa is known to reduce diabetes and provide antioxidant effects.
- Moringa eliminates worms and bacteria in the stomach. Moringa root powder kills roundworms (helminth worms) found in the stomach.
- Mix equal amounts of moringa and ginger juice. Approx 10-15 ml. Drinking in the morning and night can help relieve respiratory ailments.
- Drinking Moringa pods and leaf soup or mixing Moringa leaves into peas prevents climate change effects.
- The best amino acids found in moringa create new tissue, so they are good for the development of the body.
- Moringa is effective for kidney stone problems. This removes unwanted calcium from the body. This prevents the stone formation and reduces the pain and irritation caused by kidney stones.
- Moringa flower tea is rich in nutrients. This tea cures bladder infections, colds and the flu. Moringa flowers are also eaten in salads.
- Thyroid patient should take moringa. If the thyroid gland is more active, they eat moringa, then the increase in thyroid secretion will begin to decrease.
- Moringa has been used for centuries for purifying water. By crushing its seeds in water, harmful algae and pollutants are separated.
- Moringa is good food for animals. Milk animals give more milk and cattle found for meat are very healthy.
- Moringa repairs the body’s antioxidant cells. The nutritious energy of moringa does not end the lack of energy and does not allow sudden fatigue.
- Moringa is recommended in the diet of people suffering from malnutrition.
Moringa powder side effects
- It causes irritation. Therefore, people with gastritis or sensitive stomach should not use this vegetable.
- It should not be consumed during menstruation as it increases bile. Eating while bleeding is not considered good.
- Moringa fruit contains proteins, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Therefore, it can be used during pregnancy. However, products made from moringa root and bark should not be taken during pregnancy.
- Do not consume it immediately after delivery. However, it can be used a few weeks after birth.
How to use Moringa powder
Every part of the Moringa tree from root to leaves benefits the body. If it is used properly, it can prove to be miraculous for health.
You can use moringa in the following forms.
Moringa seeds: Moringa seeds contain fibre, which is good for your digestive system.
Moringa leaves: You can consume Moringa leaves as per your wish. Moringa leaves can be eaten in salads or eaten with juice.
Moringa powder: Moringa powder can be added to soups and vegetables while cooking, but more nutrients are available at the end of cooking or before mixing in the dish before eating.
Moringa pods: Moringa pods are very nutritious and can be consumed in several ways. Boil, fry, mix in vegetables, etc.
The dried leaves and flowers of moringa can be powdered and used in salads, soups and vegetables.
Moringa can be eaten in any form at any time. Since you can eat moringa just like any other fruit and vegetable, there are no specific instructions for eating it.
How to plant a Moringa tree
- Regardless of the soil, the moringa plant performs well despite the scarcity of water. It grows well in hot, humid climates. The plant can be prepared from moringa seeds.
- Its plants can be purchased from a nursery and planted. If there is no option, you can build a new tree by putting a thick branch of the moringa tree in the soil.
- If you want to plant more than one plant, they should be spaced at least 7 to 8 feet apart.
- Soak moringa seeds in water overnight before planting them. In the morning, break the seeds and sow the seeds.
- Although this plant lives without water, it can bear fruit all year round if watered well. Water the roots only when necessary.
- Low cost and maintenance free moringa yield is 52 to 56 tones per hectare.
You don’t have to worry about side effects of moringa because using the right amount is good for your health. If you have not yet included moringa in your diet, we hope you will definitely include it in your diet if you know the benefits of moringa above.
Moringa contains essential nutrients. It is readily available and you can use Moringa easily. Don’t forget to share information about this great food with others by sharing this article with others.
- S. G. Zaku1, S. Emmanuel, A. A. Tukur, A. Kabir. Moringa oleifera: An underutilized tree in Nigeria with amazing versatility: A review. African Journal of Food Science, Vol. 9(9), pp. 456-461, September 2015
- Moringa oleifera Seeds and Oil: Characteristics and Uses for Human Health
- Development and Standardization of Moringa oleifera Leaves as a Natural Dietary Supplement