1. Exercise has positive effects on brain function, anxiety, self-image, and recovery from addiction.
2. Having strong social ties with people can decrease your risk for depression, improve your physical health, and even lengthen your lifespan.
3. Tell yourself something positive.
4. Write down something, you are grateful for. Regular expression of gratitude can help lower stress levels and even improve your immune system.
5. Focus on one thing (in the moment).
6. Probiotic found in yogurt and supplements can reduce anxiety and stress in general.
Probiotics could also improve a person’s mood.
7. The form of meditation called mindfulness is a popular strategy for relieving anxiety and depression on a daily basis.
8. Sun exposure will help your brain release the hormone serotonin, which is a natural mood enhancer.
9. Do nice little things for people such as holding the door experience reduced anxiety, an increase in mood, and a decrease in social avoidance.
10. Laughter increases your ability to learn, improves your short-term memory, and reduces your stress levels.
11. Keep your mind fresh but picking up a new hobby or reading about a topic you don't know about.
12. Sufficient sleep energizes your brain cells, keeps up your motivation for daily life activities, and gives you a more peaceful feeling about your day.
13. Sitting in a slumped position makes you feel more sluggish, fearful, quiet, and hostile than sitting up straight, which instead elicits more happy and powerful emotions.
14. Try something outside of your comfort zone to make room for adventure and the excitement in your life.
15. People who forgive have better mental health and report being more satisfied with their lives.
16. Writing about upsetting experiences can reduce symptoms of depression.
17. Do some coloring for about 20 minutes to help you clear your mind.
18. Experiment with a new recipe, write a poem, paint.